Resources are key to our home learning success! My hats off to those who can do it with ease for multiple children, I did it for one, and am moving into a whole new era with 4! – Wish me luck!
Some online favourites:
Most of these are free, I will make a note where they are not!
- Scratch! – My kids love to do this just in their spare time! Scratch is a fun way to learn coding for most ages, by creating fun animations!
- code.org – Code.org is a member of the steering committee that helped establish the K-12 Computer Science Framework – a high-level guide for states, districts, and organizations implementing computer science education. The Framework has won the support of hundreds of academics, K-12 educators, software companies, nonprofits, and states.
- Gizmos – My kids have so much fun here! Many math and science lessons that include printouts to go along with the activity in each ‘gizmo’.
- Math Games – Math! Great for all elementary students! Signup first as a parent to be able to track progress and math ability and assign practice.
- Typing – Full Typing lessons and games. Signup first as a parent to be able to track and set goals for your ‘class’.
- K5Learning – Printables!
- Khan Academy – This is an amazing resource for all grades and for so many subjects! I mainly use it for math with my kids, because it has very easy lessons for learning new concepts. Signup fist as a parent to assign work to your children and allow them to be independent in their own accounts.
- IXL – This one requires a subscription, but it is an excellent resource for math and English!
Christian Family Resources:
This one is my favourite for ordering curriculum! Great news! Yes, they accept PO#’s! Your IDL will likely already have a setup for ordering on your behalf here.
Youversion is amazing! We discovered it first in the app store, but it is also available online. We take our bibles with us everywhere on our device! There are numerous bible versions available on there – pick whichever is right for you – change it up and compare with other versions as you go! You can also find audios and video studies.
Our whole family is on this app! The way it works really reminds me of Facebook, but for the bible! You can add friends and family, join together in bible studies etc. Our younger daughter was set up at 7 years old I believe and we set her up with the International Children’s Version.
There is a separate Youversion child app as well for young children who don’t really read on their own yet or just need more interaction to stay engaged! We use this app with our 5-year-old and he really enjoys it! The app uses short child-version bible stories, will read to your child with more of a story-book format, and present a quiz or activity at the end for comprehension. When this is passed it will move your child onto the next ‘level’ or story!
MomStrong International is a members-only (free and paid) network designed to equip you for a job that only you can do: to train your children to hear God’s voice and to walk in truth no matter where our culture is heading.