No marinating needed, this Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe is so easy!
This quick and juicy recipe has quickly become a family favourite! I always make “too many” pork chops but I can’t seem to make enough when using this recipe! Even my ever picky 5 year old can’t get enough. 🙂
- 4 pork chops – either bone-in or out is fine!
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup broth or water (chicken or beef are both good)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or rice wine vinegar, or any white vinegar)
- Preheat your pan on medium-high heat. Season chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder just before cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sear chops on both sides until golden and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes each side). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Melt butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the honey, water, and vinegar.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thickens slightly (about 3-4 minutes) while stirring occasionally.
- Add pork back into the pan, baste generously with the sauce and continue to cook on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until edges are slightly charred.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta or with a salad.