Start your day with this Turmeric infusion!
My husband uses turmeric regularly for back pain, but this root carries potent antioxidants and health benefits that studies have shown can help fight diabetes, cancer and heart disease and is often used for inflammation and joint pain.
Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom for flavouring tips!
Make your turmeric Infusion!
- Thinly slice two inches of fresh turmeric into your tea infuser.
- Add 3-4 cups of boiling water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cover and set aside overnight.
- Strain out the root if you didn’t use a defuser and reserve the liquid. (You can use the root in another batch of tea.)
- Reheat the mixture when you are ready for tea.
- Dilute the infusion to taste.
- Sweeten with honey
Also good iced!
- For additional health benefits and a better flavour, substitute half turmeric for ginger! The two will nicely complement one another. Sweeten with a bit of honey and you’ll be coming back for more!
- Do you have a favourite black tea? My husband likes Earl Grey and I prefer Chai flavours! Using half the recipe, you can pour your heated infusion over your desired tea bag for a richer flavour!
- f you are using dried turmeric powder, you can reduce the bitterness of the powder by boiling it, so you would want to pay attention to your water temperature if you find your tea to be bitter.