|Prep Time:||25 minutes|
|Cook Time:||40 – 60 minutes|
I made this the other night and just LOVED it!
Please Note: Original recipe shown in the video for guidance is a recipe shown for only 2 chickens. I found their 25 minute cooking time wasn’t nearly enough for our liking and so I have adapted the recipe to what worked for us. Enjoy! 🙂
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 3 cups fresh baby spinach
– 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
– 4 – 1-pound chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius or Gas Mark 6).
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the oil and cook the spinach in it for 3 to 5 minutes, until it is slightly wilted.
- Stir in the ricotta and cook for a further 30 to 60 seconds. Allow to cool.
- Cut slits into the chicken breasts, about 1 centimeter (0.39 inches) apart and 75% of the way through the chicken. You don’t have to be too stressed about the depth of the cuts, so long as you don’t cut all the way through it!
- Stuff all of the spinach and ricotta mixture into the cuts.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle the white cheddar cheese generously on top. Generously sprinkle the paprika, adding color and flavor.
(I was a little concerned about using too much paprika, but honestly ended up with not enough – be generous!)
- Bake in the center of the oven for 40 to 60 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the juices are clear.
Originally Found On: Tip Hero