|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook Time:||30 minutes|
|Servings||4 – 6|
These are absolutely the-best sweet & sour meatballs homemade!
With a family of 5, finding a meal everyone loves is next to impossible – but we did! Served atop white rice with a side of mixed veggies, made this meal so simple and easy on the wallet!
- 1 – 2 pounds ground beef (1 1/2 was perfect for us)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (saltine crackers may also be used)
- 1 onion, diced **optional (I didn’t have any the first time & we still loved it!)
- 2 tbls Italian Seasoning (I just shook generously over the top before mixing)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. Mix thoroughly and shape into golf ball-sized balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, gently brown the meatballs and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, water, white vinegar and soy sauce. Mix thoroughly. Add meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes.
We served our over white rice with a side of veggies!
For a family of 5 we made 2 cups of rice.
The original recipe called for only 1 pound of ground beef, after making it the first time, I found there was more then enough sauce to go around and only about 15 meatballs – which barely made it around the table! An additional 1/2 pound was perfect for us.