21 Day Fix Containers for serving: Measure out 1 green of tomatoes, 1 blue of fresh mozzarella, and then 1 tsp. olive oil!
This makes a perfect side to any meal on – or off -the #21DayFix!
When refrigerating the leftovers I recommend keeping the cheese separate or it will end up with a mushy rubbery consistency when you enjoy it next.
No matter what end of the Fix chart you land on, the leftovers make for a quick easy snack!
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Stir well and then let sit for 30 minutes. Do NOT refrigerate. Your tomatoes will get mushy.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Right before serving, add the basil and add more salt and pepper if needed but keep in mind salt should be limited on the #21DayFix!
serve and enjoy!
Originally Found on: Old house to new home