21 Day Fix per serving: 1 green, 1 red, 1 blue
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||35 minutes|
|1 Serving Size:||2 Zucchini Boat Halves|
- 4 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup salsa (I used mild)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or chicken)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 oz no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup low-fat Tex-Mex shredded cheese
- chopped cilantro or green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place 1/4 cup of salsa in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Using a small spoon (I used a teaspoon,) hollow out the centre of the zucchini halves, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell on each half.
- Chop the scooped out zucchini flesh and save 1/2 cup to add to the taco filling (squeeze excess water with a paper towel,) discarding the rest.
- Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking up as it cooks.
- When no longer pink, add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and salt and mix well.
- Add the reserved zucchini, tomato sauce, salsa, and water.
- Stir and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats dividing the taco meat evenly, pressing firmly.
- Top each with 1 Tbsp of shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through.
- Top with cilantro or green onions if desired.
Originally Found On: The Fit Housewife