Perfect with veggies or yummy homemade macaroni and cheese!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black or white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar or smoky flavor Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter; remove from heat.
- Stir in flour and seasonings.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until well mixed.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer; add cheese.
- Stir until smooth and well blended.
- Serve with pasta or vegetables.