Chicken and Dumplings
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||4 – 7 Hours|
Who doesn’t love Chicken and dumplings!?
Now you don’t have slave all day to make it. With a bit of a twist to make this one pot meal there are optional veggies to add as you see fit. With this quick and simple crockpot recipe, you’ll have a classic dish ready for you when you come home for dinner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- sliced carrots (optional)
- sliced celery (optional)
- 1/2 can peas (optional)
- 1/2 onion
- crumbled bacon
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 can flaky biscuits
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot
- Pour chicken broth and both cans cream of chicken soup over it
- Add in carrots, celery and onion to your liking – reccomendation: 1/2 an onion finely diced, 3 celery stalks, 2 – 3 large chopped carrots or 1 small bag of baby carrots.
- Add in garlic powder, salt and pepper and parsley flakes to taste.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Remove and shred chicken.
- Add the chicken back in with some crumbled bacon and the peas, and stir together.
- Break up the flaky biscuits, uncooked, and put in the crockpot. – recommendation: break each roll in about 3 parts and just place them on top.
- Continue cooking for another hour or so on high or until done.