A classic Southern comfort food, with only 10 minutes of prep! This simple casserole is a great way to enjoy leftover ham in a family-friendly one dish meal!
Easter Dinner has traditionally always been ham for me growing up and now with my own famiy. I’m always looking for yummy new ways to use up that leftover ham and this year Leftover Ham and Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes has become a favourite dish to do just that!
See this Ham and Cheese Casserole recipe for another one of our favourite ways to use up leftover ham!
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||45 minutes|
|Servings||4 – 6|
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 2 cups whole milk or cream
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold (or your favourite) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups (about 8 ounces) cooked, diced ham
- Garnish: fresh chopped chives, green onions, or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in milk, garlic, and salt. Add sliced potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook (uncovered) for about 15 minutes (or until potatoes are tender). Gently stir the potatoes periodically as they cook.
- Add the ham to the potato mixture.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
originally found on The Seasoned Mom